Tuesday, September 23, 2008

White Sox Chin Music

Ozzie Guillen called out Javier Vazquez prior to his critical game one start against the Twins. Maybe Guillen should stick to yelling at umpires. Vazquez gave up five runs in four innings tonight. The Twins should be within a game and a half after tonight's result. I don't see a killer instinct here. The 2005 Sox led from wire to wire and swept a critical series from the Indians just as the lead shrunk to a game. They kept winning even when the division was clinched.

Maybe I'm a little bitter, but I think part of it is that I don't really want to watch playoff games that start at 9:30 p.m. The Titans are doing great and I'd hate to steal some of their karma to give the Sox a few games of playoff experience.

I'm taking a CSS class over the next two weeks so my postings will be short and if not sweet, at least short.

Zach's NFL team of the week: The Miami Dolphins. After a tough week one loss to the Jets and a blowout loss to the Cardinals, the Dolphins were left for dead heading into Foxboro. It's doubtful that the Dolphins win more than six games, or that even the stronger than we thought Bills will take the AFC East from the Patriots. For a day, one of the most maligned franchises in the league felt like kings.

I'll finish with a theory. Can a man's ego be more falsely puffed up than when he's having success with his fantasy team(s)?

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no mention of Don anywhere. I am a huge DON fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home