Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fantasy files: Motorboatin'

My first podcast appearance was a fun experience. At least I knew I was going to be on a podcast. The second time was not quite the same.

I listen to piles of podcasts, mainly fantasy football of late. The first and still best is The Audible. You have the sports radio guy in Cecil Lammey, the die-hard film buff in Matt Waldman, and the all-around fantasy know-it-all in Sigmund Bloom. Cecil occasionally throws in sound clips. His new favorite references motorboating.

All men know what I'm talking about when I say motorboating. Think Wedding Crashers. In the show Cecil insists it refers to his deep love of larger running backs like Jerome Bettis, LenDale White, and the Lion rookie Mikel Leshoure. The verb comes out as "motorboating" a running back. If you think about it deeply, you get disturbing images. The point is not to do that.

The wife and I are discussing taking a trip to Italy in the spring. One city she wants to visit is Venice. She showed me a brochure last week referencing, since the city's short on roads, that all travel packages include a complementary motorboat ride. We both thought that was unintentionally hilarious. Remembering my connection with the audible, I tweeted Cecil this thought: As we looked at a brochure for an Italian trip that started with "complementary motorboat transfer to your hotel", I thought of @cecillammey.

Once again, using the term "motorboat" attached to a guy has bad connotations. Early in this week's podcast he teased motorboat. I thought there was no way that my comment out of the many he certainly receives on a weekly basis would be the one singled out. It was. About 57 minutes and 30 seconds into the podcast, Cecil read the tweet to his co-hosts and it got the longest, loudest laugh of the show.

Motorboating has never been so satisfying.

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM EDT, Blogger Kc Drahos said...

I LOVE the audible.

What other fantasy football podcasts do you recommend?

 
At 3:01 PM EDT, Blogger Zach Law said...

Twitter Roundtable (go to blogtalkradio.com) is good along with The Hard Count on Cheesehead TV and the BFD podcasts. Sure I'm leaving a few folks out but that's a start.

 
At 5:46 AM EDT, Anonymous Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets said...

You have a great idea and a cool collection too.Many a times it is very important to find something very good and impressive for a football lover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home