Monday, May 09, 2011

Fantasy files: No when to say when

I'm elbow deep in mock drafts. I sent my league a message letting them know that it's go time when everyone posts on the message board. Am I ready? Probably not.

In yesterday's post, I considered a trade offer from my dad. After listening to the latest Audible Thursday night podcast, which featured lots of hot running back talk, I could not get rid of my 1.12, 2.06, and 3.06 even for the tempting package of Julio Jones and his hands of butter.

The best part about a mock draft is that it's not real. The worst part is you subconsciously let the other teams in your mock pick guys that you don't want. It's a good way to see your draft prejudices.

My eight picks in tonight's attempt were Mikel LeShoure, Delone Carter, Blaine Gabbert, Greg Salas, Alex Green, Dion Lewis, Da'Quan Bowers and Akeem Ayers. The offensive depth is so great that I couldn't consider going IDP until the fifth round. There seems to be quality linebacker depth this year. The problem is I just lost Mario Williams to the LB corps. I don't know if it's wise for the Texans to move their Pro Bowl defensive end to outside linebacker, but that is what is happening. Williams used to be my only quality DE. This year's DE class is fairly suspect and of course this is IDP football so I can find some help on the waiver wire.

Will I actually draft four running backs? I might. A starting wideout probably will have a longer career but with three starting slots and Peyton Hillis a ticking time bomb with his Madden cover, I'll need reinforcements. There are plenty of guys in this year's draft who will start as a backup or will partake in a time share.

I don't love 1.06 so I will be open to a trade when the pick comes up. Knowing my league, I'm going to make that selection. There aren't a ton of Belichicks in this league. My guys like to stay put.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home