Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Arian Foster Show

Here's why they play the games. In the preseason, Matt Forte was an obviously better fantasy option than Chris Johnson. In some leagues he went as high as number one overall. Thirteen games later, Chris Johnson has 941 more rushing yards than Forte. I'm starting Arian Foster, a running back who only recently moved up from the practice squad for the Texans, over Forte. It's pretty much a no brainer. Forte will likely have his typical 48-yard effort on 15 carries while another unheralded rookie free agent running back Khalil Bell will probably average more per carry and get half a dozen touches. Forte faces the Ravens, which means the Bears probably will be losing big time early and the running game will be off the table. While Foster is in a three-man competition for touches, the Texans play the Rams. It's highly likely that the Texans will lead early and Foster could get 15 touches in the second half alone.

Tonight I root for the Colts. It's not often that I cheer for the masters of boring but effective. My opponent in my all-important local keeper league semifinal matchup has Manning and Addai. After tonight I should know if I need Foster to have a Ron Dayne-esque performance. In week 15 of the 2006 season, Dayne had 32 carries for 153 yards and two touchdowns. If that happens, it will be the fantasy equivalent of moving into the first house or getting married. You think I jest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home