Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fantasy draft flu

I got it in a big way. When a 35-year-old drinks like a 22-year-old for three out of four days, it's not surprising when the system fails to boot on Monday. Even with sleeping most of Sunday off I still felt crappy on Monday and could barely get around on Tuesday. I resolve to forget all about this feeling by the time the draft rolls around next year.

Quick notes on Titans/Bucs:

I'm not enjoying the lack of a running game by the starting lineup. I'm not totally concerned but Collins has not looked sharp yet.

Vince was good. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's one of the best 32 QBs in the league.

Touchdowns by Kenny Britt, Javon Ringer, and Ryan Mouton showed that the rookie class can contribute if necessary. I expect that Jared Cook will get a TD by the end of the preseason.

Josh Johnson is a much more "ready" version of Josh Freeman. If it weren't for the drafting of Freeman, Johnson might be in line to start. Any guy who runs it in from 43 yards out is a top-notch athlete.

The d-line looks solid. We'll have to see how the rotation looks in the regular season. Has Jason Jones played yet? I don't think I saw him in the lineup.

Fantasy notes that only affect me:

Andre Brown's injury is helping a lot of my teams. I have Danny Ware in a ton of leagues. Ahmad Bradshaw's impressive Monday Night performance nonwithstanding, I think Ware's going to make an impact this year.

Chaz Schillens' injury has made Zach Miller even more of a potential breakout star this year.

With all of the RBBC situations in the league, it's even harder to decide on who to release in dynasty leagues. After I let Mewelde Moore go last year, I might have to keep all 17 RBs I have in z34. That includes Ryan Torain.

My Zealots 17 team started in 2004. I could start 2009 with 14 of the original players I drafted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home