Monday, April 27, 2009

Tecmo playoffs

With four games to go, the Chicago squad starts their playoff run with a game against L.A. It's clearly the pre-back to Oakland Raiders. Their RB is number 34. Yep, it's going to be a battle.

I take the opening kickoff and easily tear down the field. I actually throw it to my tight end for once. The rest is all Payton. After scoring and giving up a few first downs, I get in front of a pass (Jeff George?) and have the ball at my own eight. The last time I got a turnover so close to my end, I gave up a safety. Payton took care of that. Counting a sack, he gained 99 yards on the drive, including a third and 17. The touchdown was a spectacular 48-yard effort. There are no runaway scores in this game. If your runner gets a big lead on the way to pay dirt, he slows down and the defense speeds up. The only way to keep going is to avoid the diving tacklers. Payton avoided three tackles in the final ten yards. I feel good at 14-0 heading into the second quarter.

The Raiders give it up and it's a few Payton hand-offs to pay dirt. I'm winning 21-0 and cooking dinner at the same time. Ask me about Dad's Favorite Potatoes.

Bo Jackson is the exception to the "slow down after breaking the D" rule. He busted one on me in the third quarter. I blocked the extra point and won 28-9. I tried to kick a 60-yard field goal at the end but just missed. Chicago rolls on.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoo GO CHICAGO....feel the wind coming off the lake....feel the PBR in a big can. Life is GOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home