Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fantasy football year of the weird

It was confirmed to me that this is one of the strangest seasons in my fantasy football history when the team with the best record in the AUFL lost to the team with the fewest points scored. By 47 points. When the owner with the worst record has Adrian Peterson (de Vikings) and Stephen Jackson, you know that things are pretty even. I prefer it that way. Well, I prefer it being even other than my dominant team, and I haven't had a dominant team since 2002.

It's more amazing that there are quality running backs left available on the waiver wire. Ryan Grant looks like a starter in Green Bay. If Ahman Green remains slowed by his injuries, Adimchinobe Echemandu could be useful for the Texans. DeDe Dorsey might get his chance if Kenny Watson or Rudi Johnson can't go this week for the hapless Bengals. Chris Henry has turned into an excellent change-of-pace back for the Titans so far. Heck, even Kyle Eckel with the Pats might get some end-game carries since the Pats don't believe in taking a knee.

While I hoped that Vince Young would be a top-three QB, I have to survive with Derek Anderson as my top signal-caller. It's pretty obvious that my other positions aren't great since I have the number 2 (Romo), 3 (Anderson) and 4 (P Manning) fantasy QBs running my three teams, and only one of my teams has a winning record. At least my 7-1 team is finally outscoring my 3-5 one.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home