Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hurt x 500

I became a White Sox fan in 1983, but it was players like Bobby Thigpen, Jack McDowell, Robin Ventura, and especially Frank Thomas who made me a fan. Sadly, Thomas hit his 500th home run wearing the hideous new Toronto Blue Jays jersey. I think it fits Mr. Thomas, once a loveable character who gradually transformed into a grump, got thrown out of the game in the ninth inning. I own a lot of worthless baseball cards, and I'll probably throw most of them out some day. I'll always keep a couple of Frank Thomases around. He's always been a big guy who could take a walk in addition to hitting with power. Between 1991 and 1997 he was in the top four in AL on-base percentage. His career batting average and on-base percentage are in the top twenty all time. I wouldn't call Frank Thomas a borderline Hall of Famer. He's legit.

I was pleasantly surprised that the White Sox are going to sign Mark Buehrle to an extension rather than trading him away. I doubt the trade offers were that extensive, considering that Burlyman's a free agent at the end of the year. A possible four-year, $50 million deal looks like a bargain compared to the Barry Zito deal.

That's right, a Sox sweep against the Devil Rays means that the Sox finally have a record better than the Devil Rays.

Does any fantasy expert actually believe that Chris Brown is going to be a factor for the Titans this year? I see him higher than LenDale on a few redraft rankings. These are the same folks who drafted Brown five rounds ahead of Travis Henry last year. Yes, Henry is a much better NFL running back, but he isn't any more talented.

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home